The pricing associated with visiting Bhutan can be a little confusing and complex. We'd like to try to lay it out as plainly as possible so there aren't any surprises.
The government of Bhutan has a specified mandatory minimum rate per day for visiting. The rates vary depending on whether the travel is during a defined peak (US$ 250 per person per night) or off-peak (US$ 200 per person per night) season.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium)
- Three meals per day at standard hotels or restaurants
- A licensed Bhutanese tour agency for the extent of your stay
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism levy (Royalty) of US$ 65. This levy goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure
- December, January, February: US$ 200 per person per night
- March, April, May (Peak Season): US$ 250 per person per night
- June, July, August: US$ 200 per person per night
- September, October, November (Peak Season): US$ 250 per person per night
- Single individual: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only: US$ 30 per person per night
- Any single traveler in an individual room: US$ 40 per night
Depending on the age of the travelers or the size of the group traveling, there are discounts available that alter the standard $65 Royalty.
- Travelers under 5 years of age enter free of charge
- Travelers between the ages of 6 to 12 - 50% discount
- A discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons
- A 50% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on Royalty shall be provided after the 14th night
- Travelers using the child or student discounts will not be eligible for other discounts
MyBhutan will charge a small fee to cover the payment processing, allowing for a faster, secure and more convenient payment for your trip to Bhutan.
Last updated: May 29th, 2016